Email marketing is the best way for you to build a relationship with your prospects. Despite it being a 40-year-old method, it is still and remains one the most affordable as well as efficient ways for you to reach the target audience. You can just start sending personalized communication to thousands of your subscribers with only just a few clicks. However, like other marketing technologies, email has also seen some drastic changes in the past few years. You’ll need to adopt to the newest features and adapt your campaign to shifting your consumer preferences to generate better results.
Tips from Experian study
An Experian study found out that small tweaks to the automated emails can make a huge significant differences:
1. Personalization in the email body has increased the clicks by 26%.
2. A navigation bar in the header has increased the clicks by 23%.
3. An order tracking link that is in an order confirmation email has increased the clicks by 46%.
4. And an order tracking that is linked in a shipping confirmation email has increased clicks by 62%.
Tips from Founder of CD Baby
Plus, if you are playing around with your emails, you never can tell when you might strike gold. The man Derek Sivers, the founder of CD Baby, made a decision on the straightforward order confirmation that his company was sending did not match their vibe. So he says he took 20 minutes more of his time and wrote this instead:
1. Your CD has been carefully taken away from our CD Baby shelves with a very well different sterilized contamination-free gloves and is now been placed onto a beautiful satin pillow.
2. A team of about 50 employees were directed with specific instruction and have inspected your CD and then they polished it to make sure that it was in the best possible condition before it is mailed. Our specialist in packing that are from Japan had to lit a candle and a hush fell over the great crowd as he place your CD carefully into the finest gold-lined box you can ever think of that money can buy.
3. We all had a really wonderful celebration afterwards and then the whole party marched down to the street straight to the post office where the entire town of Portland waved a “Bon Voyage!” to your beautiful package, and right now it is on its way to you, it is coming in our special private CD Baby jet on this day, been Friday, June 6th.
4. I hope you had a wonderful time shopping with us at CD Baby. We sure did. Your picture is on our wall right now as “Customer of the Year”. We are all exhausted but we cannot wait for you to come back to CDBABY.COM!!
Continually monitor your stats
You will want to make sure that your automated emails are effective. So, if your automated emails are not getting the required engagement, then it is time to change them up. The best way for you to know when it is time for that change up is for you to keep a close eye on your stats to watch for any drops.