A successful marketing campaign will help you gain new customers and grow your company. With so many marketing tools available, it’s common to combine them to generate the most leads.
If you use online advertising, you probably track the results with Google Analytics or Google Ads. These help you optimize your website and pay-per-click (PPC) landing pages.
But what about all those phone leads? How great would it be to have the same level of detail to determine which campaigns are generating the most phone leads? Call tracking can collect this data and more.
- Understanding the working operation of Call Tracking
- How to Install Call Tracking for Your Business?
- What are the Advantages of Call Tracking?
- How to find the appropriate Call Tracking System?
Understanding the working operation of Call Tracking
Call tracking software works by giving each of your marketing campaigns a unique tracking phone number. They are all forwarded to your main business phone number, so your staff can answer as if the call came directly to that number. You can learn a lot more about the caller than if they had called your business line directly.
Then you can compare the phone traffic generated by each tracking number. Suddenly, your website will outperform your billboard, or your digital ads will outperform other ads. This tells you which of your marketing efforts are worth your time, effort, and money.
Call tracking data can easily be turned into actionable steps to improve your business and ultimately help you make the most of your budget.
How to Install Call Tracking for Your Business?
Installing a call tracking system is simple. You can create your first tracking number in seconds and route it to your main business line.
You can select any area code (including toll-free!) and order as many as you need to track all of your marketing campaigns. When you cover all your bases, you can see where your leads are coming from.
This is even better for your online campaigns with dynamic number insertion. This allows you to track phone leads from various online marketing campaigns by assigning a number to each visitor. And it’s automatic: a tracking number can replace an existing business number without editing your site.
What are the Advantages of Call Tracking?
Call tracking can help you collect valuable data that will help you improve your marketing strategy’s performance. Among the most valuable call tracking metrics are:
- With call tracking, you can easily discover when and where the most calls and leads come from.
- You can determine which marketing efforts result in longer, more in-depth calls with a higher conversion rate.
- You can get detailed reports on the number of calls you get, as well as trends and patterns.
- To find out what keywords your leads used to find your number, use visitor-level call tracking through a website pool.
- Track the performance of your PPC landing pages to see which ones generate the most calls, quality leads, and conversions.
- Call tracking can also be used to assess any customer-facing team’s performance.
How to find the appropriate Call Tracking System?
Here are six things to look for when choosing a call tracking provider for your company:
- Does the platform support tracking numbers in your area code?
- How much does the provider charge for the services and features you receive?
- Can you easily sync your call tracking data with other metrics?
- Is there adequate support documentation to help you understand your tracking system’s features and how to use them effectively?
- Does the provider respond quickly to your questions or problems?
- How quickly does the company fix problems? What happens if something goes wrong? Does the provider have backup systems in place to keep your data tracked and your calls connected?