Keeping track of the contents of multiple calendars is certain to result in missed events. Consolidate your schedules by importing information from all of your calendars into a single application. Whatever format or version number your calendar applications use, there is a good chance they can export your events and appointments to an ICS file. ICS files can be imported into the majority of calendar applications, including Google Calendar and Apple Calendar.
You can import your calendar entries into your preferred calendar after exporting them as an ICS file with the.ics extension. There, you can choose to merge the entries into your existing calendar or create a new calendar within the application you’re using.
- Import ICS Calendar Files into Google Calendar
- Import ICS Calendar Files into Apple Calendar
- In Conclusion
Import ICS Calendar Files into Google Calendar
- Go to calendar.google.com and open Google Calendar.
- On the top of Google Calendar, click the gear icon to the left of your profile image.
- From the drop-down menu, select Settings.
- From the options on the left side of the screen, select Import & export.
- Select Import from the Import & export menu. In the Import section, click the Select file from your computer option. Locate and open the desired ICS file.
- From the Add to calendar drop-down menu, select the calendar to which you want to import the ICS events.
- Select Import.
Import ICS Calendar Files into Apple Calendar
Apple Calendar, like Google Calendar, makes it simple to import ICS files.
- On your Mac, open Calendar. On the menu bar, click File and then select Import from the drop-down menu.
- Locate and highlight the ICS file you wish to import, then click Import.
- Either select an existing calendar to which you want to add the imported events, or create a new calendar for the imported schedule by selecting New Calendar.
- Click OK.
The ICS file format is a standard calendar format that is supported by a wide variety of calendar and email applications, including Outlook for Microsoft 365, Google Calendar, Yahoo Calendar, and Apple Calendar. ICS files are text files that contain information about meetings such as the title, time, and attendees.