You will learn how to add an email address to your Gmail contacts and then how to update the contact to include other information, such as the person’s name, in this article. If you are using a desktop computer and accessing Gmail using a web browser, the steps following will apply to you.
- Instructions on how to add an email address to your Gmail contacts list.
- Access the Contact in Gmail
- About Google Contacts
Instructions on how to add an email address to your Gmail contacts list
Other than ensuring that a new contact’s information is accessible on other devices, another purpose for adding them to Gmail is to ensure that they are recognized by Google and do not end up in spam folders. An example of how to add an email address to your Gmail contacts will be provided in this post.
- In Gmail, open a message from the sender who you want to save as a contact. Select the contact from the drop-down menu.
- The sender’s name will appear when you place your mouse over their name.
- In the pop-up box, select the option to Add to Contacts.
- Click on Edit Person to add any extra information about this person to the record. You should provide the sender’s name and any other relevant information you may know about the individual. You are not required to fill out all of the fields. Then, you may always go back and make changes to your entry.
- Save the new contact after you have supplied all of the relevant information.
Access the Contact in Gmail
Whenever you’re ready to add more contact information or make changes to the information you presently have:
- To begin, go to Google Contacts and create a new entry.
- Begin putting the contact’s name or email address into the search area in step 2. Gmail will suggest contacts that are a good match for you. You can also choose the right contact if Gmail does not suggest one for you from the search results.
- The contact’s information is then displayed. To make changes to a contact, click on the pencil icon.
- Make any revisions or additions that are necessary. To show additional fields, scroll down to the bottom of the contact screen and click Show more.
- Click on the Save button.
About Google Contacts
In Google Contacts, when you add a sender to your contacts list, the information is synced across all of your desktop computers and mobile devices, ensuring that it is always accessible, no matter where or what platform you are working on.