The steps you must take to determine which email address recipients you will see when you send them an email differ depend on the service or email program you are using to send the email. There are basic principles as well as specific instructions for numerous popular email providers in the following sections of this document.
- Guidelines on how to locate your email address.
- How to Obtain Access to Your Email Address Making Use of an Echo Service
- What is the best way to find out what my AOL email address is?
- What is the email address associated with my Mail for Windows account?
- How to know your default email address
Guidelines on how to locate your email address
The following steps should be followed before using nearly any email application or service to identify your email address: first, confirm that your email is functioning properly; then, launch the software or service and perform the following steps:
- Start by creating a new email message in your inbox.
- Find a line that begins with the term From and copy it. Your email address is included in the package.
- If you’ve set up numerous email addresses for sending, they’ll frequently appear as drop-down menu selections in the From line while you’re creating an email message. All of the email addresses that are displayed are yours. You have the option of selecting any of them.
How to Obtain Access to Your Email Address Making Use of an Echo Service
To assess how your emails will appear, the most effective method is, of course, to write an email to yourself and examine it. If only you were aware of the existence of your email address.
To be clear, you do not have to know your address in order to complete this task. Send an email to an email echo service, and it will be returned to you as soon as it is received. You’ll know exactly what you’re sending and from which address if you do it this way.
The use of echo services, which are frequently provided by educational institutions, is absolutely safe. Know-how services do not save or use your email address or any other information you provide to them.
- Create a new email message in your email software or through your email service provider.
- Enter [email protected] in the To field of the message. In this case, a subject line or message are not required.
- Press the Send button.
- Open any emails from the Vienna University Echo that you may have received by checking your email inbox.
- Find your email address at the top of the email address in the To line and paste it there.
There are further alternatives for locating your email address, but they vary depending on which service provider you are using to locate it.
What is the best way to find out what my AOL email address is?
In order to discover the AOL email address that is automatically used when sending messages using AOL Mail, enter the following information:
- To begin composing a new message, click the Compose button.
- Immediately above the To line, you’ll notice the default sending email address, which is immediately followed by your name.
- If there are many addresses listed, select the one you prefer to use. All of them are yours.
What is the email address associated with my Mail for Windows account?
To find out what your Mail for Windows email address is, perform the following:
- Make sure that the email sidebar in Mail for Windows is completely visible. If necessary, use the hamburger menu button to expand a sidebar that has been folded.
- In the Accounts section, look for the email address for each account given beneath the account name in the account information section.
- If your account allows you to use several email addresses, you can create a new email and view all of the available addresses by selecting the From line in the message.
How to know your default email address
To find out what your default email address is for sending emails in Gmail on the desktop, as well as the Gmail applications for iOS and Android, follow the instructions below:
- To begin composing a new message, select Compose from the menu bar.
- Look for the email address that was used to send the message in the From line.
- To see additional Gmail addresses configured for sending, click the default address next to From in the From field.
Take the following steps to find the email address that you used to sign up for your Gmail account:
- Select your picture or avatar from the drop-down menu in the top right corner of Gmail.
- From the drop-down option next to your name, select your primary Gmail email address from the list. The account that is currently active is displayed first if you have more than one Gmail account connected.
- On a desktop computer, your primary Gmail address appears in the browser’s title bar or tab bar, depending on the browser.
In order to see your primary Gmail address in the Gmail app, perform the procedures outlined below:
- Select your profile image from the drop-down menu at the upper right of the screen.
- Find the current account’s address, which is listed beneath your name on the account statement.